Saturday, January 15, 2011

First Stage almost complete.

On Wednesday I will have completely the first stage of the '"Sandal Diet" which isn't it's actual name of course but those who know mum's the word, understand what I'm talking about.

Changes thus far:
Aside from drinking more water, veggies and protein than I ever have before, I have a ton of energy now! The first few days were hard as my body learned to not burn the carbs I would have normally ate but to burn the fat I have stored (sadly) around the midsection. I am also harnessing the "hidden carbs" found within veggies, legumes and nuts and so my metabolism is going through the roof.

Also, my tummy fat has shrunk so much that I can no longer see it under my boobs. Forthcoming I know, but it's pretty sad when you look pregnant all the time, or have a "beer gut" and you are a woman who is not pregnant....thus far. I'm not planning that but I am married so let's be realistic that it could happen. However, I have had this tummy since I was a child and kids used to make fun of me, hell even my own family makes fun of me! My body type consists of boobs in spades, no butt...at all and wide hips. And then there was that damn tummy. Now it's going away, yay!!! My arms are slimming, especially in the back of the uppper arm where it would waddle if I waved. Not no more, ha ha ha ha!!! My legs are slimming, especially in that tricky place where fat stores between the thighs. Other minor changes would be my face, and hands were water weight seems to show the most.

I had to buy a skirt with an adjustable waistband. As I moved into Phase Two to achieve my target BMI, I have no idea what size I will eventually be. I do know that NONE of my pants really fit anymore, so wonderful! And when I went shopping at the Charity clothing place, I noticed I fit better into more clothes so it will be easier for me to find a new wardrobe and feel good about my self. 

My husband, roommates and best friends have been so supportive. I wouldn't have even been able to do this for myself if my friend hadn't lead by example and I saw not only how successful she was but how patient she has been teaching me the ropes. In short, it works and I am so proud.

I will Blog again when I weigh in on Wednesday and move into Stage Two. The weight loss will not be as dramatic, but will slow to a healthy pace, especially if I exercise. I don't want to loose too fast but it is exciting to see how fast Stage One works.

See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment