Thursday, January 6, 2011

First Day Done.

I started the "Sandal Diet" as of Wednesday. I was fortunate really. My father had given me a gift card to the "Trader Moe's" store for $100, plus I had another for a retail store giving me the luxury of completely cleaning out and setting aside all the junk food I could no longer have. I didn't throw it out, I didn't have the heart to but I other members of the household not counting calories could appreciate it. Then I filled the fridge to the brim full of cheese, meat and veggies. I figured to start either at the beginning of a week or the middle of it to keep track, so yeah- there ya go.

I indulged in every food that would be restricted that I could enjoy on Tuesday. Not gorged but just ate and acknowledged that I can no longer eat this way. It included a cup of ramen, soda, apples, fruit salad, sushi and birthday cake. Bye bye junk food!

Wednesday morning- stage one. I had for breakfast an egg scramble with artichokes, spinach and ground turkey. Afternoon snack: Chick peas, beans and Olives tossed in Oil Oil and Curry. Lots and lots of unsugared, caffeine free tea and Sugar free blended drinks. Late Lunch: Naked burrito bowl, sans tortilla and rice. Bye bye carbs. In the Evening I had Shiro Miso soup with Nori, Green Onion and Tofu, "Sandal Diet" formulated trail mix and coffee with Sucralose and Baker's Chocolate (no sugar, no cream).

I could not believe how quickly the diet is effecting me! I had a full good night's sleep but I was tired all day as my body is not getting what is was used to and having to learn to burn what it already had stored. Late I started to get light headed from the lack of sugar, and a head ache cured with coffee. The only thing I found very alarming was the possibility of a kidney stone which I had symptoms of a year prior. Suddenly I go from a very poor diet, to flushing my system. Youch did it hurt!!!! The pain went away with drinking more water.

Day two thus far. I woke very hungry with a healthy metabolism. I went and had breakfast with my publisher and tried my very best to make smart choices at the restaurant. I had coffee with Sucralose, no cream. An omelet scramble with peppers, bacon, cheese, sour cream, avo, all which I can have in Stage One. Unfortunately they snuck potatoes in there so I ended up eatting little over half my omelet. Coming home I made something very unconventional and delicious: Tofu Shiyoyaki noodles with Zucchini and sugar free spaghetti sauce, garlic, olive oil,  mozzarella, Parmesan and it tasted awesomely just like the "real deal." I also snacked on a light cheese stick and some sliced roast beef. Yum! To indulge I had sugar free hot cocoa since it's winter, with Baker's Chocolate and a tiny bit of unsweetened soymilk. I also had (one) sugar free chocolate caramel candy. Believe it or not, but on this diet you are supposed to eat at least 6 times a day! That's alot of nibbles and healthy eating. It teaches your body- "hey stupid, you're not starving, quit storing fat" and to burn what it needs. Pretty quickly your metabolism, even in the middle of winter makes you hungry almost every hour on the hour. Almost time for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment