Sunday, August 15, 2010

It is working.

So now it's been two weeks, not too shabby eh?

I never thought it would be this hard. But the changes being made are already effecting me. Not only am I eating deliciously now, saving a tremendous amount of money but my husband is becoming health conscious as well. How wonderful!!! I am so proud of him. It's hard to make significant life changes, but it is so gratifying to be proactive in one's own life.

I have face some opposition from a few. Many don't understand why I can't "do lunch" or hang-out and go have dinner. But that's okay. I find clever ways to work around that. I find that I get incredible hungry during work and I sneak a fiber bar and some water when I have to until I can eat my home packed lunch. It helps that our cafe is closed until the beginning of the semester.

I also discovered that good friends are following suit and taking up the same mantle of breaking the fast food addiction- it is so wonderful. Like a house of cards falling. Think of it this way...

The last time I had fast food before I started this blog it costed my husband and I $16 for one meal, and that's eating off the cheap menu. This past weekend we ate home-made mashed potatoes (an entire bag of spuds costed me a dollar) whole wheat cheesy pasta with broccoli (about $2.00) and London Broil which divided among four costed about a dollar fifty per person. So it was about $8 for four people to eat or $2 a person. That is quite a difference!!! So next time you are feeling lazy and don't feel like cooking, think how much that "cheap, easy meal" is going to cost you, both physically and financially.

No comments:

Post a Comment