Saturday, August 7, 2010

First week not so difficult...

So it's been almost a week and already I feel a lifestyle change. At first when I told my significant other that I was taking a Fast Food Fast he responded indifferently. But quickly he has reaped  the benefits of nutritious home-cooked food. My closest friends responded with surprise and excitement, encouraging me to hold true to this commitment. I discovered even some of my co-worker had already made this leap and lost great amounts of weight which is encouraging. I also discovered I had gained a pound for every month I have not gone to the gym! So much for all that hard work. But it feels good to finally be going back and using what I pay for every month.

Only one friend responded with skepticism thinking that we would never be able to hang out anymore since we always "do lunch" over business matters. I responded with reassurance to everyone, that it was a change for me and not necessarily for them. All I have to do is either eat before I go out or grab something healthy from the store. I am getting much more creative with my cooking as well. Here is a list of some of the things I have made this week.

Tortellini with Italian Sausage and Smoked Gouda
Spaghetti Salad with Cucumbers, left over sausage, cous-cous and edamame
My husband made Chicken Marinara and amazing dutch crust garlic bread
Scrambled egg whites with turkey spam lite, onions, Gorgonzola and Parmesan cheese...so good.

Today may be tricky since I have to run errands...sounds like it's time to go get a healthy sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment